‘As part of the Academy’s LONG-TERM vision by the 2022/23 season the Academy aims to:
• Produce three academy graduates who make first team debuts
• Produce five academy graduates who sign professional contracts each season
• Have 50% of the u21/reserve squad to consist of academy graduates
• Have 25% of the first team squad to be made up of academy graduates’
TALENT DEVELOPMENT CULTURE
Identity and Values of the Academy
We will aim to provide you with quality coaching and education support services in order to provide an excellent all round experience throughout your time in the Academy.
The Academy mirrors the Club’s culture and identity and expects its players and staff to reflect those core values at all times.
The core values of Grimsby Town Football Club are: hard work, honesty, integrity and loyalty.
The Academy staff and players are expected to strive to achieve excellence, whilst displaying high levels of patience and perseverance.
Every member of staff at the club will aim to achieve success, both on and off the pitch through a commitment to excellence and a desire to improve. This is supported by the Club’s motto ‘developing players by investing in the individual’
MISSION AND VISION OF THE ACADEMY
Grimsby Town Football Club has emphasised through the Club’s Mission and Vision its desire and commitment to develop home-grown, local football players for the Clubs First Team. The Academy’s mission & vision will play a significant role in the Football Club achieving this long-term goal.
The Academy Mission
Grimsby Town Football Club Academy will strive to establish itself as the best category 3 Club in the North of England for player productivity with a reputation for excellent holistic care of both players and staff.
The Academy Vision
The Academy will identify, recruit and develop the best local players throughout the Foundation, Youth and Professional Development Phases with the aim of producing First Team footballers for the Football Club.
• The Academy will create an environment and culture which will challenge, inspire and encourage the ambitions of the Towns aspiring young footballers, enabling them to reach their full potential.
• The Academy will provide its players and staff with a range of experience and skills required to succeed both in and out of the football industry.
• The Academy will provide a planned and pre agreed exit and progression pathway for all leavers.
• The Academy will provide all those connected to the Club with a positive life experience.